Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Access Lab









I went to Mary G Montgomery High School to visit their Access Lab. So much has changed since I was in high school. It may sound crazy, but I didn't know that high schools had access labs in them. Mr. Roes is an instructor at Mary G who teaches an access lab class. When I entered the classroom, their were big screen tvs and cameras all over the room there was also a smart board. I actually had the opportunity to tap in on another access lab at another school. The other school wasn't in the class at that moment, but I still was able to hear the sound of people in the hallway and the next class over that's how well the mics pic up volume. A question that was ask was how much does all the equipment cost, and he said around 85thousand dollars, that's a lot of money, especially when this is been incorporated it schools all around the world. It was stated that starting next year, it will be required that the students their take a web class before they graduate.

No comments: