Monday, December 1, 2008

Different Approches taken to Podcasts

I listened to four different podcasts and they were all very interesting. The first podcast I listened to was the SmartBoard Lessons Podcast. Ben Hazzard and Joan Badger were the two people that host the show. At the beginning of the podcast they introduced themselves and the topic they would be discussing. There would be music at various times during the podcast which made it enjoyable. There was never a time where I could remember that there was a period of silence. They also brought in special guest that would talk during the podcast. I really enjoyed listening to their podcast!

The second podcast I listened to was the KidCast. Dan Schmit was the only host. This podcast was different than the other on because the little that I listened to didn't have any music. Being there was only one host, I think it might have been hard for Dan to find words to fit the time. It seemed really boring at times. I am assuming that this pidcast is for teachers only because in one of his podcasts he talks about "99 bottles of beer on the wall" and I would not fit that appropriate for children. Which brings me to my next point...why would he call it "KidCast"? Why not call it TeacherCast? Who knows! I really didn't care to much for this particular series of podcasts.

The third podcast I listend to was the MacBreak Weekly. There were four hosts. There names are Leo Laporte, Merlin Mann, Scott Bourne, and Alex Lindsay. They seemed to work real well together, always finding something to say. One person would say something and then another person would find something to say off what the first person said. Never a silent moment. There was music in various moments. Anytime someone said something funny they would play funny noises in the backgrounds. It seemed more like a morning show on the radio, nothing for kids. I really enjoyed listening to it.

The fourth and final podcast I listened to was This Week in Photography. The hosts were Scott Bourne and Alex Linsday who are also hosts on the MacBreak Weekly. I didn't really care too much for this series of podcasts. There was music in the background. They did bring in special guests during some of the podcasts. The series focuses on gadgets so most of the podcasts talks about photography. I'm not really into photography, but if you like taking pictures, then this would be really interesting to you.

No comments: